Sukelluksia ja seikkailuja, tarinoita ja tuokiokuvia elämästä ja kaikesta siitä, mikä tekee elämästä ihanaa.
Dives and adventures, stories, and snapshots from a life and about everything that makes life wonderful.

22.5.2012

ESC 2012, first semifinale

I'm bit late with all this, but here is my short commentary of tonights ESC semifinale competitors. To save time I'll write this only in English.

1. Montenegro - Rambo Amadeus : Euro Neuro
This is a sneeky song. It makes absolutely no sence, but I still love it and hope this song will do well tonight, despite the slot as first performer.

2. Iceland - Greta Salóme & Jónsi : Never Forget
In a way there is nothing super special in this song but I still like it a lot. It's so powerful and emotional. Iceland definitely should go throught to the finale this year too.

3. Greece - Eleftheria Eleftheriou : Aphrodisiac
This is pure and uther crap. Sure it's typical Greece song but it's definitely not a good one. And I have permanent trauma from the video and the shiny panties...

4. Latvia - Anmary : Beautiful Song
The horrid ear worm. I can't stand this song and unfortunately I can't get it out of my head either. It definitely doesn't deserve a place in the finale but I bet it'll be one of the songs going throug anyway. I just HOPE it's not going to win...

5. Albania - Rona Nishliu : Suus
The song is odd and beautiful in its own way, but it takes time to understand it. Nice to have something different in the competition but I'm rather surtain it won't do well.

6. Romania - Mandinga : Zaleialah
The durms, the bagpipe, the rolling in the sand. This is europop at it's finest. And I can't help but like it. That said, I have no idea how it'll do tonight altough it has a fantastic slot just after Suus.

7. Switzerland - Sinplus : Unbreakable
Very basic radio friendly rock. I have nothing bad to say about this but there is nothing special in it either. Does it do well or porely? To be honest, I don't really care.

8. Belgium - Iris : Would You?
This song is a constant disappointment for me. It starts sounding like something Maia Hirazawa could sing and then turns into this super nausiatingly sweet song with no emotion in it. I hate to say it as I do love Belgium, but I really wish this won't go through to the finale.

9. Finland - Pernilla : När Jag Blundar
Let's be frank, I'm completely unable to say anything objective about this song. I mean, it wasn't my pick from the Finnish candidates this year but I do like it and as a Finn I just have to wish it does well. I thruely wish Pernilla will get to the finale even just so she'll get the experience as she is such a sweet girl.

10. Israel - Izabo : Time
Israel, one of my definite favorites this year! I love the positive energy they have and that Israel didn't turn this into a political thing. I really wish they'll get to the finale and am very pleased that they have such a good spot just after two ballads.

11. San Marino - Valentina Monatta : The Social Network Song (Oh Oh – Uh - Oh Oh)
If Latvia is an horrid ear worm, this is just plain horrid and definitely one of the most hated song in our library (there are two of us big fans here). I just hope San Marino isn't holding its breath for the win...

12. Cyprus - Ivi Adamou : La La Love
I didn't get this song at first but it did get under my skin after a while. A good europop song and a very good looking video. If they put up a good show they might do well tonight.

13. Denmark - Soluna Samay : Should've known better
I guess there is nothing really wrong about this song but the thing is I just don't like it. And that pretty much averyting I feel like saying about the song.

14. Russia - Buranovskiye Babushki : Party For Everybody
If you have followed the ESC scene at all this year you'll know what a phenomenom these Russian Babushkas have been. And I have to admit I do like them too, they just aren't my favorites. But it's safe to say they'll do well in the competition, no mather what.

15. Hungary - Compact Disco : Sound of Our Hearts
I'm pretty sure Compact Disco won't be one of the big winners this year (all tough I hope I'm wrong), but they have definitely stolen my heart with this song as well as with their very interesting video. Let's hope they have a good show tonigh.

16. Austria - Trackshittaz : Woki Mit Deim Popo
Am I the only one who get's their blood boiling when this song comes up? Yes? No? Oh well, it's safe to say this is not my song nor am I probably the intended audience for it...

17. Moldova - Pasha Parfeny : Lăutar
I have to admit that I can't remember at all how this song goes. But I do remember it's something I enjoy hearing it and that Pasha is very sweet.

18. Ireland - Jedward : Waterline
You know, Jedward was one of my big favorites last year with Lipstick. It was fun and energetic and just made me laugh and dance at home, especially in the semifinale where they happened to have the last performance just like this year. Waterline has all the same Jedward trademarks on it but it's bit less everyting compared to Lipstick. And even tough I'll cheer the this year too, this song just doesn't quite have that special something Lipstick had. I'm sure they'll get far in the competition, might even win too. Just, I wish they'd done it last year.

To conclude, the songs I think will definitely make it to the finale from this semifinale are Ireland, Russia and (unfortunately) Latvia. And the ones I really hope will also make it are Israel, Finland, Hungary, Iceland and Montenegro.

So there you have it, my 2 cents about the songs in this first semifinale. In few hours we'll know how it really goes. I can wait!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti